Featured Posts

Vintage Hankies Decorating


Who doesn't love digging through the drawers of a vintage shop, sifting through dozens of old handkerchiefs to find that perfect one for a project or framing? Shopkeepers often fill old dresser drawers with a variety of handkerchiefs, from monogrammed and embroidered to lace-edged, plain, or printed.

 
The possibilities are endless when it comes to decorating with these delicate hankies. They can be incorporated into various items such as purses, dresses, dolls, pillows, frames, and cards. Additionally, they make charming lightweight valances. I've even seen them creatively utilized as wrapping paper, sachets, lampshades, hair wraps, and herb wraps. Whenever I stumble upon one, I can't resist the urge to purchase it.


Comments

  1. Lisa, I know I've said it before, but your website is just beautiful. It's wonderful to see such vivid color on such a dreary day where I live. I like the quilt idea best for these colorful hankies. Thanks for sharing. I've got to try this. It will certainly brighten up a room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, thanks for sharing. This one I'll have to pass on up the line. I don't have the hankies at my house. They are hibernating in my family home. I'll have to send for some, because you've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vintage hankies are so pretty. My aunts always sent hankies in birthday cards. My mom used to tie my Sunday School offering (quarters) in a hanky for me to carry to church. :) Oh, how I wish I had all those hankies now. I have seen the hankies made into a valance before. That's something I'd like to do, so I pinned it to remind me. Thanks for sharing, (Thanks, too, for the nice comment you left on m blog.) ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment