Featured Posts

Circles of Memories




 When I was a child, my mother’s hands were always busy with fabric, stitching together circles of cloth to create beautiful yo-yo quilts. It was something she loved, and it wasn’t just a hobby—it was a tradition passed down through time, a tradition shared by my sisters and me. Even now, as I’m older, I find myself remembering her sewing those same delicate circles, the rhythm of her needle pulling the thread through the fabric as comforting and familiar as ever. I can still remember how, as teenagers, we would sometimes find our missing shirts transformed into the soft, circular patches that filled the quilts she made.

Yo-yo quilts were all the rage in the 1920s and ’40s, a creative way to repurpose fabric scraps into something both beautiful and functional. And though the years have passed, their charm has only grown. Today, you’ll find yo-yos everywhere—woven into jewelry, adorning purses, pillows, and even belts—proof that a simple circle of fabric can hold so much more than just a place in a quilt.



"Sewing mends the soul as much as it does the fabric."  -Unknown